406 auto gearbox warning

As some of you will be aware the 406 auto has a sports mode and a snow mode with relavant indicators in the centre of the dash.

This morning these two indicators began to flash simultaneously and the whole car jolts when reverse is selected.

The hand book does acknowledge the problem however, My local main dealer has never heard of the problem!

Any ideas??

Reply to
Ade

Have you sufficient transmission fluid in the gear box? Bearing in mind the cold has the oil solidified/frozen in the box? There are so many s*dd**g sensors under the b****y bonnet your local dealer should have a computer with a diagnostic plug it in a tell you which ones faulty if that's the problem. [I'm plucking up courage to take mine in, rotten on cold start!]

Reply to
John Hollinshead