406 coupe - Cost to fix airbag light?

I've seen the posts before on fixing the airbag warning light, but can't see anything wrong with the connector under the seat.

So I'll probably have to take it to the dealer, but they very helpfully refused to tell me how much, worst case, getting this sorted might cost me. But if I'll pay them 40 pounds, then they'll tell me. Only, if it could cost me a £1000, then I'd rather just leave it for now, thank you, including the

40 quid.

Can anyone tell me roughly (in the UK) what this could end up costing me? (assume dealer pricing, as I don't know anywhere else to take it).

Thanks, Pascal.

Reply to
Pascal Herczog

I mentioned the problem when I booked the vehilce in for regular service years ago. I also mentioned the nature of the fix. They nodded their heads - apparently it was routine for them. No sign that the cost of the service was any different to normal and the problem has not occurred since.

My impression is that there is a service bulletin on the subject - the fix is to solder the connections - would take all of a minute or so.

Reply to
Ken

Thanks - but what if the airbag itself does replacing? How much is that? I wouldn't put it past my dealer to charge me for a new airbag even if it was just a loose connection!

Pascal.

Reply to
Pascal Herczog

Normally you can apply a dummy wich is just a resistor... Light also goes on with broken seatbelt tighteners. These can also be replaced with dummy's

Aat

"Pascal Herczog" schreef in bericht news:4355439f$0$15045$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

Reply to
Aat van den Bos