nissan airbag light reset fix

airbag light reset fix

After installing a new stereo in my 04 Nissan Frontier, I made the mistake of not disconnecting the battery before starting the project. I disconnected the airbag switch and light then turned on the key to move the shifter, BIG MISTAKE!!! After I was all done and admiring my handiwork I realized my airbag light would not shut off. After searching the internet any trying everything from disconnecting the battery overnight to turning the key on and depressing the door light switch seven times, I finally came across a post that did not work initially but with a little tweaking I got it to work on mine. The post came from

in the how-toand FAQ Forum (Excellent site and all credit is due them).

(2002 and UP)

  1. Turn ignition switch "ON".
  2. After "AIR BAG" warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn ignition switch "OFF" within 1 second.
  3. Wait more than 3 seconds.
  4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 three times.
  5. Turn ignition switch "ON". SRS is now in Diagnosis mode.
  6. "AIR BAG" warning lamp operates in Diagnosis mode

I tried this several times with no luck. I then got out a stopwatch to time the 7 seconds, (any watch will do with a second hand), and in between repeating it every time I removed the key from the ignition. This worked!!!

I hope this helps all of you that are frustrated with this same issue and get the "It'll cost $75 to have us reset it" at the dealer.

Sorry for the long post but I am working on a celebration 6-pack. J

Good Luck,

LB

Reply to
LB

I tried this fix and it worked. Thanks LB for the post.

Reply to
mbraz

I tried this fix and it worked. Thanks LB for the post.

Reply to
mbraz

Reply to
john smith

glad to hear it!!! I had tried everything it finally worked so I thought I had better document it. Sure beats giving into the dealer.

LB

Reply to
LB

Please repost.

I have a 1999 infinity I30 and am wondering if this will fix that flashing airbag light in my car. I tried to have the code read but there was no codes to read.

Thank you in advance.

TimmiT

Reply to
me