406 door lubrication problem

The hinge mechanism on my 406, 1997, rear offside door makes the most revolting noise when I try to close it. It also requires considerable force and sounds about to snap. I have tried every possible way to lubricate it, particularly with an aerosol spray, but it seems to be impossible to get to the area that is causing the problem. Can anyone please advise.

Cire

Reply to
Cire

You are going to have to remove the door trim. Probably the check strap clip inside is bent or broken. daveK.

Reply to
davek