406 - Heater problems

The heater in my 406 only gets lukewarm no matter how high I set the temperature on the digital climate control display. Tepid air comes through the side dash vents mainly, very little through other vents. Also, the fan speed can be changed manually, but does not run up to high automatically once the engine is warm just after starting. (This used to happen, automatically, the fan slowing down once the air was warm.) The main thermostat has already been changed at the main dealer, it made no difference. Any ideas please??

Reply to
Stevexx

Hi Steve

My old 605 has a printed circuit board behind the heater controls. Recently, when it declined to give me more than lukewarm air, I removed the controls, checked the contacts, and cleaned the circuit board with electrical contact spray. Worked like charm :-) You have to take care not to spill the spray onto the surrounding plastic. Hope this helps

Ivar Petur

Reply to
Ívar Pétur Guðnason

Reply to
John Hollinshead

Hi Ivar, do you know how to get to the circuit board? Steve

Reply to
Stevexx

Hi,there was a problem with the a/c in the summer. I got it recharged and all was ok. Then I noted that it wasn't working again, and as the summer had ended I thought I'd leave it for now. Of course now I need the heater and have noticed it's not working properly.

Reply to
Stevexx