406 over heating question

A couple of times recently my 406 2.0 litre 16V has nearly overheated whilst sitting in traffic or driving round the hills of Bristol looking for a parking space. Both times I've checked the operation of the fans after the incident and they've apparently worked fine. What does occur to me though is that on the last occasion I had the aircon on economy mode (and may have done the time before). I wouldn't have thought it would have switched both fans off though maybe just one. But can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

Reply to
malc