406 radio change

Just bought a 406 exec. HDi estate everything seems great except the quality of the radio and the sound itself. Can anyone tell me if there is an alternative good make radio that will still operate the 'printout' on the dash, not worried about the CD as would like a unit with MP3

Thanks John in Kent

Reply to
john374999

The basic sound system inc. radio in that model should be pretty good, are you sure it isn't faulty? Is the CD play also poor? I ask because I can wind mine (in a GLX) right up to ear bashing max without any discernable distortion creeping in. I'm sure a distortion meter would detect some, but my cloth ears can't. A common prob. is speaker cones damaged through people like me winding them up to max, and general bits of car s**te getting into em. Can't help with your request i'm afraid. Rick.

Reply to
Rick Maninov

Have a look at the Sony range... they do adaptors that allow head up display, and stalk controls for their head units as well if you have one... MP3s are definitely the way to go for car audio!!!

Kenwood also have this facility for some cars, but the adaptors are a lot more expensive.

Reply to
Roebear

Reply to
M. H. Greaves

"M. H. Greaves" top posted in message news:PPacc.23412$ snipped-for-privacy@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...

Just another badge on Pioneer stuff I believe. Rick.

Reply to
Rick Maninov

Hello,

Well, I was pretty disappointed by recent Pioneer range, esp. the CD changer

  • headunit my brother bought to fit to his car... Far less good than my Kenwood KRC-178 cassette/RDS unit, IMO. Better display on the Kenwood, and far easier to use.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T