406 squeeling

After numerous visits to numerous garages no-one can see anything unusual about my car. It has, for a while now, and getting worse - developed a hideous squieeling sound whilst driving, turning, coming from the front undercarriage "somewhere?" -= oddly enough when I place my foot on tbe foot break the squeek/squeeling stops. Any ideas? Wheel balancing, steering system somewhere that's no easiloy identified with the naked eye?

Best regards Paul

Reply to
Paul

have you looked for a small stone between the brake disk and shield? John

Reply to
JB