406 turbo diesel clue

Hi Guys, my car ( 406 turbo diesel ) will play up every time it starts and I wondered if anyone else has this?. Now here's the clue, I've noticed that if I turn the ignition key and the rev counter goes to full scale then back down the car will then run rough and noisily. However if I turn the key and the rev counter just jumps up and returns to idle straight away the cars performs as it should. So what causes the car to do this , can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Andy Sarbutt.

Reply to
News