406 Tyre wear

Running 406 -2 litre Hdi 90 Rapier Estate- registered 2001, with 62,000 miles and no problems, in fact very happy. May even be very,very happy but somehow feel that Michelin Energy tyres (all round) have been a disappointment . After 21,000 miles the front tyres are overdue for renewal. Does anyone have a better i.e. quieter and longer lasting tyre for 406 front wheels? Truly, not a rough driver. Honest! Many thanks for your thoughts, Wally.

Reply to
W.Lindsay

I think your tracking must be out, I got 45000 out of my Michelin energy on a 406 saloon (but only half that out of the brake discs) I never found them particularly noisy. ogg

Reply to
ogglet

Michelin pilot premancy 15/65 195 H91 , pirely p6000 series and check your tracking!

DO NOT GO TO HALFRAUDS, QUICKFUCK, FEUkVERT or any other of these fastfit crooks, for you might find that your brakedisks and pads need renewall, your battery is dead, oil is due to be changed, muffler had to be changed, ( by one way more expensive than @ an original pug dealer...)

find yourself a good independant, usually run by turkisch ppl

put the new ones on the back and the back ones on the front if not changing them all

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam

Reply to
Yuting Wan

Thanks for your thoughts. I should have mentioned that the wear pattern is constant across both front tyres and tyre pressures checked, every two weeks. Cannot imagine tracking as beiing a problem. I do,however, recollect many occasions when the front tyres "scrabble" to gain grip in the dry. I shall look at bigger tyre suggestion. Many thanks and Happy Motoring, Wally.

Reply to
W.Lindsay

If you want longer tyre life, do not fit P6000s; my Michelin Energy tyres last about 25K miles on the front, I had 1 set of P6000s which lasted about

15K miles and they were extremely noisy in comparison to the Michelins. Martin
Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Hi Martin-- Thanks for your input. Sadly, it came too late. Acting on previous advice, I have just had 2x P6000`s fitted up front by blackcircle.com. Hope to have better experience than yourself. Happy Motoring

Wally.

Reply to
W.Lindsay