406Hdi estate - leaking core plug

T reg estate on 76,000 develops coolant leak in rusted engine core plug located at rear of engine below exhaust manifold. Have been told this is an engine out to fix and was advised to replace all core plugs while engine out and do cam belt and possibly water pump as well. While I accept the advice as reasonable I am interested to know if anyone else has had this problem? Should this be an issue with Peugeot? Any helpful advice before I shell out best part of £700!!!

Reply to
SCRIBBLER