106 heater

Hi

I'll try this post again as the previous one got trolled and xposted.

My wifes 106 1.4 diesel has stopped heating the cabin. I've tried rebleeding the system to no avail. Before I start flushing the heater out can anyone tell me if there is a control valve on the heater matrix. The control lever on the dash moves a flap or something because I can hear it moving; but what I don't know is, if my kids have been playing with the controls, whether they've broken a cable to a valve. The Haynes BoL is less than helpful.

TIA

Reply to
Malc

The 106 heater matrix, like all the Peugeot matrixes these days, is permanently fed, and has no water valve to control the flow. The hot and cold mix is done with flaps, like the distribution. Are both pipes to the matrix getting hot? Maybe one of the cables controlling the mix flap is disconnected. It's not uncommon for the matrix to block up.

Reply to
Nigel

Thanks that's exactly what I needed to know. The feed pipe is getting hot but not the return. I can hear the airflap moving so it sounds like either an airlock or a blockage. Out with the hosepipe this week end.

Reply to
malcolm.white