407 changing the clock settings

I doubt that I will ever understand a fraction of the multitude of buttons and screens. I sadly miss the simplicity of the 406. But I need to adjust the hour for daylight saving and the handbook is hopeless. I can get the screen for the clock and can navigate through the settings one by one. But the book does not tell you how to change them. I tried every button in sight (and someone counted that there are about 40 of them - the navigator must have close to 20 alone). Help!

Reply to
Ken

To my mind the way the up-down keys work on the menu's is not logical. It would be much easier to use the left and right buttons to select the item to be adjusted and use up and down to adjust the value, but it does not work like that, you have to highlight a setting and then press enter to adjust and I think escape to stop adjusting. Rather annoying.

I think you want to do something similar to, from memory.

  1. Press MENU
  2. Use left right to select PERSONAL CONFIGURATION (or some similar title)
  3. Press ENTER to go into the PERSONAL CONFIGURATION MENU.
  4. Use UP and DOWN to select SET DATE AND TIME.
  5. Press ENTER.
  6. Use UP and DOWN or LEFT and RIGHT to highlight the parameter to adjust.
  7. Press ENTER.
  8. Adjust the value using LEFT and RIGHT or UP and DOWN.
  9. Press ENTER.
  10. Press ESCAPE.
  11. Repeat 6 - 10 to adjust any other settings.
  12. Repeatedly press ESCAPE until you are back at the default display.

Not sure if 9 is needed.

Reply to
Peter Chant

Thanks - given your advice I was able to do it. But the last step, after changing the setting, is to navigate to 'OK' and enter. Otherwise the old setting reappears when you hit escape.

I would advise any 407 owner to note this thread - I imagine the same odd rules apply to changing other settings.

Reply to
Ken