'82 Pug 505 How to remove brake vacuum booster?

Peugeot 505 1982

I am trying to replace the clutch master cyclinder and removing the brake booster is problematic. There is 1 bolt at the bottom that appears impossible to remove due to the proximity of the left wheel housing.

Has anyone replaced their master clutch cylinder and tell me the best way to do it?

Thanks!

Bruce in Vancouver, BC

Reply to
Ensight

It's been a good few years since I did one of these on a 505, but as far as I can recall I didn't remove the brake servo to do a clutch master cylinder. Just disconnect from the pedal and remove the two fixing bolts for the cylinder under the servo. Then disconnect the pipe to the slave cylinder. Of course I work on right hand drive cars here. May be different on LHD! The problem comes when you try to bleed the system. Let me know when you get to that stage and I'll tell you how I do it.

Reply to
Nigel

Just take your time if you are going todo it..

Reply to
Chrs

Thanks Nigel,

I brought in a mechanic, it took over 3 hours for 2 of us to change..... had to remove the vacuum booster to access the outboard nut on the master cylinder.

Due to the age a lot of the plastic cowling disintegrated in the process, and rthe leaky clutch master spewed fluid all under my rugs etc.

Just glad it's done, thanks for your reply!

Cheers,

Bruce

Reply to
Ensight