Peugeot 405 immobiliser problem

My father has a 2002 405, today he's had the battery disconnected for some or other reason (probably caravan related) he now realises this has caused a problem with the immobiliser, he gets a "red square with a key" light on the dash and the message "electronic anti-theft Device is defective"

I've searched around and found a couple of other people having had similar problem, but not definite solution, I got him to try the procedure suggested at

no avail.

He has two sets of keys, one with plipper, one without (presumably the

2nd plipper has been lost over the years)

I can't remember whether this car uses infrared or radio plipper, I know his last 405 was infrared, he seems to think his current car is a radio plipper.

Any suggestions to avoid taking it to a dealer?

Reply to
Andy Burns