Air intake (recirculation of interior air)

Hi,

I have a 406 exec 2001 Y reg. Noticed something strange with the climate control, I think. As the weather has warmed up a little, I have used my aircon and noticed that if I set the temperature very low 14º - 18º the air intake is constantly in recirculation, regardless of pressing or not the recirc button. If I set the temperature above 18º the air starts to come from outside. Is this how it is supposed to work or is there a malfunction. Have looked at the owners manual, but it is a bit confusing. Hope that someone out there can help me out.

Many thanks.

J. Grilo

Reply to
Jorge Grilo

I couldn't be sure, but it could be correct. If you are demanding a temp below outside temp, the system might be trying to help by recooling the air which has already been cooled.

Reply to
ib