Punto Air Con

Hi,

Does anyone know if the gas for the air con is under the 3 year warranty?

With the weather getting warmer(ish), I've been using the air con and have noticed no effect when it is off or is on. So i think I need a recharge of gas. I've only had it since November last year (2nd owner), Y reg 2001. So my warranty is up in October.

If its not, anyone know a place that'll do it for me cheaply in the Edinburgh Area.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

John

Reply to
John Scullion

I am sorry I do not know the answer to either question but I can tell you that I paid £45.00 cash to have mine recharged here in the southwest, at least that will give you a guide price when looking. Its well worth the money also I doubt that its covered in the 3 year warranty as you are said to lose 12% effficency per year any way so there must me natural wasteage. Hope this helps

BB

Reply to
Big Brother

Drop it in to a dealer amd see what they say. The aircon on the Mrs's Punto stopped working and we had a new evaporator fitted under warranty. Its bust again now though...

Dave

Reply to
David Quinn

Will depend on the fault.

If it is a loss off gas due to natural wastage then I doubt it. If howver there is another problem, e.g compressor failure etc. then it should be. The only was to find out for sure is to book it in for a test and recharge. Prices will vary. If you go to an independent and they find a fault then you will have to pay for their work and gas if you take it back to a Fiat delaer for a warranty claim. Do it all in a fiat delear and there is no problem then you will potentially end up paying more.

I would sound out the Fiat dealer saying you can get an aircon service for cost A at garage A and what can they offer in the same ball park bearing in mind that if a warranty claim is on they will just hit Fiat/Insurer with the bill which will be better for them.

With regards to Fiat 2 Year and Delaer/Insured 3 Year warranties I believe that the 3rd year cover is pretty good. The only grey areas start to come in things like clutch plates etc. where wear could be a factor. With Fiat you can generally argue the toss. With the insurer it could be an uphill struggle. Only my personal view as I have never yet (only one month to go) hadd to make a claim in the third year.

Reply to
Nick Bailey /////

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Big big difference.

Refridgerators and freezers are:

  1. All welded tubing to all components
  2. Are not shaken, baked, frozen and abused by normal 'driving' conditions
  3. The compressor is a totally seal unit with no external moving components. On a car a drive shaft has to pass through the compressor unit from the refridgerant side to the atmosphere side to be driven by a belt from the engine. This requires exceptionally good shaft and bearing seals. They are good but not as good as a closed welded system.
  4. The car has multiple mechanical pipe joints which a refridgerator does no have.

Hope this explains.

Reply to
Nick Bailey /////

Reply to