Warning Light (of some description)!

Hi - two warning symbols on my 406 HDI have just illuminated, but I'm not sure what they are. One is the red ( ! ) symbol at the bottom left of the speedometer, and the other is what looks to be like a car skidding and is orange when lit (ABS maybe)? - can anyone tell me exactly what these are or any possible reasons perhaps?

I was nearly at work when they lit, and the handbook is at home nearly

70 miles away - typical!

Many Thanks

Reply to
Brainfire

I think the (!) is the brake pad warning light, but IIRC it also does the handbrake. The skiddy lines are indeed the ABS. I'd get your braking system looked at if I were you. Usually if the brake pads are worn you have a couple of mm so it will get you home. Likewise if the ABS is inactive the brakes will work ok.

-- Malc

Reply to
malc

Thanks - I'll get the brakes and sensors checked anyway - left work tonight, and the same lights flashed on briefly, then it said 'ABS Fault' on the digital display once, then normal service resumed. No warning lights, nothing!!

Reply to
Brainfire

Bugger I forgot to fish the manual out this evening and double check. I would expect that the fault would be readable with one of those fault code readers if it made it to the digital display. I have had the pad wear indicator wear off before now (on a BX) so the depth warning light came on once then stopped working.

Reply to
malc

hi there

it sound like you have a problem with the abs system when the abs light comes on the (!)comes on with it to warn you a good garage with code reading tools will sort it for you

Reply to
210mph

Neither of the warning lights has illuminated again, but I'll still get it checked out - the only thing is, nothing is likely to be found if nothing is showing as a warning now - is there anything worse than intermittent faults? :-)

Reply to
Brainfire