Big switch (and betrayal)

Hi there !

i've been a pretty long time without posting here...

My parents' decided to almost leave the "Firm" and have bought a Ford C-Max (yeah, I know... Moreover they haven't to bring childs with them anymore), their good old '88 405 SRI is going to be scrapped (you can't see me almost cry). Most ancient contributors MUST have heard of this car before.

They got hold of my almost new '93 205 Junior D (which appears to be a full-options model : metallic paint was the only one available), 120,000 miles... just run-in :-) I now have their '02 206 HDi (90HP) as a daily driver. Not that bad, although a bit less easy to drive into Paris (f#ckin' bonnet I cannot see).

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

At least the Cmax has possible got a pug engine in it if it is the diesel! My wife has a max and it is nice to drive and at 55-60mpg a darn sight cheaper to run than my petrol 405!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hi Bob,

It seems it's a Pug-engineered engine : 1.6TDCI, same as the 1.6HDi. I guess they wouldn't be as pleased if it wasn't a Pug engine under the bonnet.

Eeer I have to agree, the SRI also tend to burn a (pretty) huge amount of fuel under fast driving or around cities... My brother once got a 6.5L/100km with a mix of road, motorway and city drive (the house's record), with an avg being of 7L/100. Sorry guy, I can't get the MPG conversion.

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

Eh eh, the saga begins... I've been calling my parents yesterday (by some miracle it seems I've lost my notebook computer... or had it stolen), they already have a faulty rear electric window on their brand new C-Max. (sure they'll soon come back to sth more... more of a car I'd say).

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T