206 HDi with green "i" - whats this?

What does it mean, that HDi signature has got the green "i" at the back?

Reply to
nero

What doesd the H stand for

Reply to
Carl Collins

HDi = High Pressure, Direct Injection.

Reply to
Ber

in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Ber spake thusly:

I'm guessing he actually meant; why do some have a silver 'i' and some have a green 'i'? Is it analogous to the VAG scheme of colouring letters according to engine derivative?

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Hello,

I guess the green "i" stands for "low pollution", i.e given for 120g CO2/km. The handbook states there's a "HDi" and a "EcoHDi" (120g). And before you ask me, I don't know the difference, as the power & torque figures & revs are the same.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Ah. That would make sense. Alright, why do some Pug vans have a blue 'i'? :-)

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Hello,

Oh, my parents' 206 EcoHDi have long, long gear ratios (I'd say, almost as long as a weekend with no chick, eh eh) I wonder if all 206 HDi are like that (1800RPM @ 70MPH or so, impossible to run at 50MPH in 5th gear (too low revs)).

Cops *I*nside ? :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

EcoHDi, less emissions and better MPG than normal one, and apparantly no slower....but i have trouble beleiving this, you don't get something for nothing.

Reply to
Dan405

Slightly different level of tune, and a much lower specification level. It drives _slightly_ differently, less keen to rev (probably has taller gearing).

Reply to
DervMan

Hello,

As I assume that in my post above, I guess it's just a different (longer) gearing, to reduce fuel consumption (or increase MPG), this reducing CO2 emissions. The engine ain't that glad to go above 3000RPM, but it has just 10k miles. And my brother said it was the same with the Expert HDi ("normal", 90HP too) he had at work.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

yeah its truth.... thanks

Reply to
nero

Thnak you guys for all answers.. I asked beacouse I will buy some 206Hdi and first time i saw that signature on Peugeot In VW differents "i" i TDi engines means different power.... I thout that its similliar..

sorry for "language" (grama), but im not good english speaker ;)

marcin

Reply to
nero

It's better than some English people I have met!

I'm pretty confident that your English is better than my Polish!

:-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Lol. Very good.

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

AFAIK there is no "normal one". You can't choose between green and plain. Every 1.4 hdi is "green", and all hdi-s to come will be also.

And yes, it means "ecology", i.e. only 112 g/km CO2, in case of 1.4 hdi. That's how it is advertized.

Reply to
Dusko Lolic