206 HDi with green "i" - whats this?

What does it mean, that HDi signature has got the green "i" at the back?

What doesd the H stand for

HDi = High Pressure, Direct Injection.
in

I'm guessing he actually meant; why do some have a silver 'i' and some have a green 'i'? Is it analogous to the VAG scheme of colouring letters according to engine derivative?
Andy
Hello,

have
I guess the green "i" stands for "low pollution", i.e given for 120g CO2/km. The handbook states there's a "HDi" and a "EcoHDi" (120g). And before you ask me, I don't know the difference, as the power & torque figures & revs are the same.
Regards, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr 205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel : http://205d.fr.st

Ah. That would make sense. Alright, why do some Pug vans have a blue 'i'? :-)

Hello,

Oh, my parents' 206 EcoHDi have long, long gear ratios (I'd say, almost as long as a weekend with no chick, eh eh) I wonder if all 206 HDi are like that (1800RPM @ 70MPH or so, impossible to run at 50MPH in 5th gear (too low revs)).

'i'?
Cops *I*nside ? :-)
Regards, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr 205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel : http://205d.fr.st

Lol. Very good.

Thnak you guys for all answers.. I asked beacouse I will buy some 206Hdi and first time i saw that signature on Peugeot In VW differents "i" i TDi engines means different power.... I thout that its similliar..
sorry for "language" (grama), but im not good english speaker ;)
marcin

and
It's better than some English people I have met!
I'm pretty confident that your English is better than my Polish!
:-)
Matt
--
1991 Peugeot 205 Roland Garros Cabriolet
TU3S 1.4 Carb

EcoHDi, less emissions and better MPG than normal one, and apparantly no slower....but i have trouble beleiving this, you don't get something for nothing.
--
Dan

Slightly different level of tune, and a much lower specification level. It drives _slightly_ differently, less keen to rev (probably has taller gearing).
--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

It
As I assume that in my post above, I guess it's just a different (longer) gearing, to reduce fuel consumption (or increase MPG), this reducing CO2 emissions. The engine ain't that glad to go above 3000RPM, but it has just 10k miles. And my brother said it was the same with the Expert HDi ("normal", 90HP too) he had at work.
Regards, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr 205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel : http://205d.fr.st

yeah its truth.... thanks

AFAIK there is no "normal one". You can't choose between green and plain. Every 1.4 hdi is "green", and all hdi-s to come will be also.
And yes, it means "ecology", i.e. only 112 g/km CO2, in case of 1.4 hdi. That's how it is advertized.

Site Timeline