brake

Some came upto me and ask me how the hell do they ajust the hand-brake on there pug 406 petrol.its got disc rear and the pads are new.(well thats what he said), is there any ajusters , he has looked by the lever and not found anything, hes looked under the car but cant find the cable as it gos by the exhaust and cover plate,so if any body know if this can be ajusted please let me know and i can pass the info on , thanks chris..addlestone.

Reply to
Chrs

If it is the same as mine then there is a small hub and shoe fitted within the disc brakes and it is these, not the disc that are controlled by the handbrake. According to Mr Haynes you remove a plug on the disc which gives access to a knurled ring on the cylinder (the front one) which you tighten up by pushing it around using a flat bladed screwdriver. Tighten it up until the disc cannot be turned then slack off 5 or 6 notches. Repeat for the other wheel.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

dont remember seeing a hole in the disc .

Reply to
Chrs

or should i say he said he dont remember seeing a hole in the dics. i think i will be going over to have a look for myself and doing the job.

Reply to
Chrs

Good luck.

Keith