Peugeot 406 verification by front left door

Hi Guys,

I've just bought on one of the auction portals front left door (taken out from peugeot 406 2001) to my Peugeot 406 2002. I wanted to take a part which is responsible for lifting the windscreen and put it into my car. Anyway, it appeared that this part looks totally different from what I have. It seems to me that the car from which the door was taken out is much older than

2001. I might have been cheated but to make sure I need to find a way to confirm the year of the car based on the fron left door. Are you aware of any number and place where it is printed or any other way that would allow mi to verify the year of the car? I appreciate any ideas.

Thanks, quasrus

Reply to
quasarus

If it has any plastic trim parts attached, these almost always have year and week or month of manufacture. You 'might' find something stamped on the lock mechanism perhaps?

Good luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin