clicking sound/temperature indicator shot up

My 206 of 5 years recently been acting up. There is a short interval of rapid clicking sound before the temperature indicator shot up and as soon as I pulled over it dropped to its normal level. For this matter, I have sent my car to the peugeot workshop and they had the sensor replaced. However, after a week, it went back to the same problem. I am seeking help from anyone.

Reply to
bubblegerl

Is the clicking coming from the engine, or a relay in the glove box etc? If its coming from the engine can you listen around under the bonnet with it running to see where its coming from? Might give you some clues. All I can think of is either the radiator fan has given up or got a bent fin that's catching and stopping it from running properly, or the water pump is broken. A broken fan would only really be a problem when you're sitting in traffic (ie not moving) though, when did the problem occur?

-- Andy

Reply to
stealthf0x

check the earth lead you will probably find it broken.....

Reply to
MARK B peugeot m.t. via CarKB.com

Thanks Andy for your response. The clicking sound comes from the from panel, behind the sterling wheel. It only happened when I drive but while idle, everything is fine. Since it occured in such random manner, I cant listen under the bonnet.

bubblegerl

Reply to
bubblegerl

Sounds like the problem is electrical then, as the clicking would be a relay switching on and off (which shouldnt usually happen rapidly as you describe). Get the earth lead checked as MarkB suggested, this would also account for dials going haywire, which may be all thats happened rather than actually overheating.

-- Andy

Reply to
stealthf0x

Thank you once again. : )