Engine light in new peugeut under 300 KM!!!!

I would like to ask if someone experienced the same problem. The round of the engine in my new peugeut(under 300km!!!!) 206 x design 75 Hp was in

2000-3000 without my pressing the pedal and after that the engine lamp turned on . I went it to the company and they told me that this happened because i was working the engine in low rpm (2000-3000)can that be true? It does not meke much sense to me!!!!I am worried because i really worked hard to get this car new an d i want to knowe what is happening. A reply even in my email snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com would be highly appreciated Ps Sorry for my bad english
Reply to
tera78