Temperature warning light question

My diesel Citroen Synergie's engine temperature warning light has started flashing intermittently.

It doesn't seem to bear any relationship to the indicated engine temperature on the gauge and it isn't causing the big "STOP" warning lamp to illuminate as the handbook suggests ought to be happening if the engine's overheating. Some days the light doesn't come on at all

The coolant level is fine, the water's clean, there's no steaming from the exhaust, the engine and heater seem to be working exactly as normal.

Given all the above, I'm more inclined to believe in a sender fault that an overheating problem but I'd like to be sure.

Does anyone know where the overheat sensor is on the 2.0 hdi engine and how to test it or should I be taking my car down to the garage?

TIA

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

"Tim Downie" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Are you sure it's not the engine managment light?

Will

Reply to
Will

Well according to the manual the little light in the bottom left of the temperature gauge is a temperature warning lamp.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I would imagine that the cost of a new sender would not be so great that you would not be advised to fit a new one and see how you go.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Robin Graham