HDI

Hi all broke down yet again going to work in my 406 HDI the most unreliable car i ever owned, anyway any suggestions to what might have caused this? It started knocking and blowing clouds of smoke out, engine management light came on, i had a quick check under bonnet to check wiring etc, try start a few mins later, it would tick over fine but as soon as i try reving it, clouds of smoke ( White) and engine knocking like too much fuel getting injected, some one said it's crank pos. Sensor knackered, I'm borrowing a scanner later to see what comes up, anyone else had similar problem? And suggestions appreciated, as I'm not paying Pug rip off labour rates ! lol Regards John

Reply to
Johno

In message , Johno writes

Update Hi all problem sorted, scanner came up with all injectors fault and crank position sensor, so changed sensor and road tested, same problem again , after a lot of buggering about checking wiring we found the fault in the wiring just before where it enters the ECU , one wire had rubbed through on the bracket that holds the wiring, might be useful anyone having the same problem. CARS !!! pain in the ass :P Regards John

Reply to
Johno

No its not the cars are a pain in the ass, it the people that drive them, some mad people out there driving nowdays.

Reply to
Chrs

In my experience most motoring problems are caused by the loose nut behind the steering wheel. ;o)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks