HELP!

Quick question....

Bit of a novice when it comes to car mechanics but willing to learn....

The alternator belt that's been squeakibg for a few weeks now (yeah I know I should have sorted it earlier but it's christmas and I've been busy!) has snapped and come off. Well, the battery light came on in the car and when I got home I looked under the bonnet and the belt was missing.. and the squeaking had stopped...

Anyway... I'm hopefully picking up a new belt tomorrow morning... would anyone care to be able to tell me how to put the new one on... the parts guy said it's pretty easy... How easy is it to do and does anyone care to explain how it should be done?

Or.. if there is any kind soul out there with the relevant Haynes manual that could scan/take a pic of the relevant page and email me them then I would be greatful...

Oh yeah... it's an N registered 106 escapade (1996)...

Thanks...

Reply to
Chris Naylor

you can follow the route that you think the old belt took which is round alternator water pump bottom pully and ifs got power steering round that pully.i think the ajuster is on the alternator its a long bolt with a lock nut.

Reply to
Chris

IF YOU LIVE NEAR ADDLESTONE IN SURREY I COME ROUND AND DO IT FOR YOU.

Reply to
Chris

Thank you for the offer.... but I live near leeds so its a bit far...

Thansk for your offer and your help anyhow...

Reply to
Chris Naylor

so are you going to try your self? just take your time and dont rush the job now the sun is out .let us know how you got on.

Reply to
Chris

Just finished!

All went well and smoothly... though my handa and arms are now covered in cuts and grazes and muck from the wheelarch where the mounting bolts took some undoing!

But at least I've saved myself a bit of cash in labour by doing it myself!

cheers for the offer of help!

Reply to
Chris Naylor

so you can do other peoples now then? buy your self some of those latex gloves i use them every time a do a car it saves your hands from oil etc, but they do rip. i must go throgh about 40-50 aday. chris.

Reply to
Chris