High Revving at Idle

Morning

Started my Peugeot 206 up today and for some reason, whilst idling the revs were up to 2000.

Bit of mini-history. I only got my car back from the Peugeot dealer on Monday just gone after a two and a half week wait, just to have the injector replaced! Its been running fine up to this morning.

Last night I replaced my headlights with the Morette's (been waiting to do it for weeks). All went well. Started the engine, tested the lights etc. At this point the engine was fine.

The engine is fitted with a Pipercross induction kit which has a cold air feed I rigged up myself - its had this for about a year, so its nothing new. However last night I did secure the cold air feed a bit more so it was pointing right on the induction kits filter - prior to that it was loose and whilst moving I would imagine it was swinging about quite a bit.

Other then that, I made no further changes since the injector was replaced. The only other 'mod' I have in there, which again, has been in for about a year, is the Ecotek valve (please, keep you opinions about this to yourselves - I'm not posting to discuss this!).

Listening out for any strange noises, the only thing I could notice was each time I pressed the accelerator, a sound which can only be described as 'hissing' or even 'squirting' could be heard.

After driving for a few minutes, the revving settled down back to normal.

What could possibly be causing this? Your advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Chris

Reply to
Chris Flowers

(snip)

I hate to say it, but the Ecotek could be your problem. Basically there is too much air going into the engine - either the throttle is sticking open, or there is an air leak. If an air leak, then maybe a hose is loose somewhere *or* the Ecotek valve is sticking open. Try shutting it off and see if the problem goes away.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Cains