Is it a mixture problem or something?

Im currently scouring through my haynes manuel to try and find how I can locate and possibly name the sensor that controls the revs..

My car is a 306 xs S reg

The car runs fine apart from the revs dropping when they like. The dont over rev but bounce back from 750 revs to 1100 revs.. I cant find a cause for the revs dropping is there anyone with similar experiences.. It happens more when in traffic and idling etc..

Reply to
Carl Collins

The stepper motor controls the butterfly and the ICV is the one for your idle.

Cheers

Jim

So I need a new ICV sensor then? How much would this cost?

Im so skint :-(

Thank you please

Reply to
Carl Collins

try cleaning the ICV sensor first. The one on me 206 was well dirty so try the freebies before buying anew one as they are not cheap at all. I jsut used abit of carb cleaner on mine and it ran well after that. Also cleaned the whole TB housing so do that too whilst you at it!

Cheers

Jim

Reply to
mindwipe