306 wont even turn over

Hi all got a 306 1.9 D T reg 1999 estate, the engine had to be changed so the the original timimg pump was also changed, because it was a transponder type. The problem is the car wont even turn over the light work and everything but no engine. There is no live feed even to the starter when the key is turned. Could the ECU be locked or something.

cheers for any help or any suggestions tony

Reply to
tony

On the principle that you should always go for the simple things first, check that the engine earth lead is connected.

BTDT-GTTS

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R. N. Robinson

Hi ALL In regard to the email, the earth strap is on and what I meant to say was that there is a current going to the starter but when the key is turned there doesnt appear to be a signal sent to the starter.

Reply to
tony

message news:...

I may be way off target here but it is worth a try. Lift the rear seat forward and put your hand up under the centre of the back of the seat. You should feel two connectors there disconnect them then reconnect and if your car isn't starting because it is immobilsed then this should re-mobilise it.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Cheers I'll have a check when I go home this weekend. Is that the back seat ie the folding seats, I didnt think any connectors were there. Also I couldnt find the ECU is that located inside the cars, because 2000 onwards the ecu's are in the engine bay and on this 99 model I cant find it do you know hwere it is located?

cheers

message news:...

Reply to
tony

message news:...

I could have made that a bit clearer. Pull up the base of the back seat as if you are going to fold down the back seat flat. Now with the `back ` of the seat still in position put your hand under the bottom of the `back` in the centre and push your hand up. You will find a hollow area and there will be two connectors in there. Disconnect and reconnect to reset immobiliser.

As clear as mud!

I hope after all of that it is of use.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Did you fix this tony?

I have a similar problem - see my post "306 Alarm/Immobiliser probs"

t> > > >

in message news:...

Reply to
KW_UK

Couldnt find the alarm immobiliser box. in the rear seats Could it be anywhere else?

Reply to
tony

Tony

The box isn't there - merely two connectors - though my 306 is a pre 1997 model - the after 97 models could well be different. FYI in the pre 97 models the box is located inside the offside rear wing in the 3 door model and under the drivers seat in the 5 door model.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Had a look at the back seats and couldnt find nothing, if there were any wires there would be wires going out of the seats aswell. I tried looking in the rear quarter panels (estate) aswell, couldnt find no alarm box. Under neath the drivers seat is only a connector to the seat belt tensioner. Or do I need to look under the carpet?

The damn thing wont even crank !!

cheers

Reply to
tony