Locking fuel filler cap - UK

Hi, I've just taken delivery of a used 2006 Peugeot 407 Exec [automatic, diesel]. Its done 17,500 miles & is only 11 months old. My only gripe is that much to my surprise it doesn't have a locking fuel filler cap. In fact the one it has appears to be faulty. It is in two parts & doesn't tighten up properly.

I don't see any locking fuel filler cap listed in the 407 accessories booklet.

Any suggestions please/

David

Reply to
No Spam

Does it possibly have a fuel flap that locks with the car doors?

Reply to
PJ

Yes the flap does lock with the doors. The cap itself was faulty as it didn't screw down properly. I took it back to the dealer this am and they replaced it on the spot. I was pleased about that of course but surprised that it wasn't spotted when the vehicle was filled with fuel prior to collection.

David

Reply to
No Spam

It probably was spotted. They were just hoping you wouldn't or didn't want to make a fuss.

Reply to
Malc

Yes, you are probably correct. However the sales place is only 2 minutes away & I retired 11 years ago when I was 51 so I have all the time in the world to complain about things.

The sales guy explained to me in some detail that he was only getting £35 commision on the sale because the windscreen price was wrong in the first place. [I was a wee bit sympathetic but he did say that his basic was £12,000 pa & commission could be £3,000 per month which I thought was not bad in the circumstances]

On my first visit [without the wife] he had dropped the price by £500 very quickly, which took me by surprise. On my return visit [with the wife] I pushed for a further modest reduction and he indicated that he would seek that from his manager. They then discovered that the initial windscreen price [ & the price shown on the internet site] already included the £500 reduction. They showed me all the figures on their database so it did look like a genuine clerical error. Who knows? Consequently they would not budge any further on the price but agreed to a tank of fuel & mats. The sales guy did the fuelling at the handover & interestingly I later found out he had only filled it to

3/4!! Perhaps spotting the faulty filler was just too much!!

The sales guy was a wee bit disgruntled with his company. They had just been told that the commissions were being cut - again. Even tanks of fuel had to be shown on the sales invoice.

David

Reply to
No Spam