Peugeot 206 1.4LX engine light problems

Hi i was hoping someone on here might be able to shed some light on my problem. I had a gold service and MOT done at the very end of october

2006. Since this time i have had nothing but problems. It took me a while to realise the extent of these problems as i have not been driving much for the past 4-5months. (weekends only really). anyway. The engine light on the dashboard keeps flashing and the car begins to judder. Given about 5-10mins for the car to cool down i can start it with a little persistance (gives a little trouble) but then it is fine for a while. Booked it into the garage last week having told them i had experienced these problems since there service, and quite literaly throwing out any possibility that it could be to do with something they might not have done properly they told me that i needed a diagnostics check, which then lead to them telling me i needed a new software download, ignition coil and wiring. Having paid for this thinking that my problem was solved i left the peugeot garage only later to find that the problem was not fixed and was actually getting more frequent. Any idea on what the problem can be? i have had my car 1yr and 1month now. not even done 5000 miles since i have had it. I dont have much knowledge about cars accept how to drive one. Maybe someone has had a similar problem? any imput much appreciated. thanx
Reply to
Grogan