Peugeot 206LX 1.4 Automatic sticking in 3rd gear

I have a one year old Peugeot 206LX 1.4 Automatic and it is intermittently sticking in 3rd gear, the Peugeot dealer had the car for two days but did not resolve the problem and it is booked in for another two days. Anyone experienced this issue and more importantly how was it resolved?

Thanks.

Andrew

Reply to
andrew_cowell

Andy,

sounds like a prob in the gearbox to me. There are mechanisms for kick down and kick up and I think that it could be broken. Ive heard of cars not kicking up properly in the past (not pugs i must say!). If it continues and the car is still new (under a year old unless you have warranty) then ask for a new gearbox cos if they faff around wiv it too much they may just bugger something else up. As they say, buy one get one free!

scott

Reply to
scott