Peugeot 306 hdi whistling noise from front of car?

I have got a high pitched whistle/squeel coming from what sounds like the driver side wheel. Anybody any suggestions as to what couls be causing this?

Reply to
Andy1

Can you be more descriptive? Is it there when stationary, is it's pitch speed dependent?

Reply to
John Ricketts

It happens when i am traveling above 25 mph. Never when stationary. It does become more high pitched the faster i go.

Reply to
Andy1

I have now solved this problem. The whistling noise is ait passing through the wing mirror. It really did sound like something major but i felt pretty stupid when the mechanic told me. Luckily he didn't charge me for looking at it.

Reply to
Andy1