Peugeot 306 LXTD Cambelt R Reg

Is it possible someone could tell me the lifespan of a cambelt for a R Reg Peugeot 306 TD.I'm not 100% sure but someone had told me that they last for about 70K,but I think more likely that 50K is the real figure.

Regards Steve

Reply to
steve1967

How long is a piece of string?

It is entirely dependent on the type of driving you do.

I am unaware of belts generally only lasting `70K`. The recommended changed interval is 72K (or 35K with heavy use driving). 50K would suggest serious taxi abuse.

My local Pug dealer has quite a lot of confidence in a TD cambelt with motorway driving and off the record suggested it might well last for way over the 72K or 144K in my case - but obviously suggested I change it.

If you can afford to change it - change it. The financial implication of it failing might well make your car a right-off.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Hi,

70 or 72K miles are almost identical values.

It depends of use and driving (see the recommended servicing intervals for classic or heavy servicing, in your owner's book), usually a cambelt on a XUD is given for 72k miles (120,000 km) or 5 years. Many mechanics here recommend a change at 100,000km (62k miles).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T