Peugeot 306 cambelt

Hi could do with some advise, just purchased a 306 turbo diesel, could someone tell me how often the cam belt needs to be replaced, the car has

105k on the clock, was told when i purchased it that it was change about 6 months ago when the vechicle had its last service but looking through the service history have no record of any service since 2003 when the cam belt was changed at 75k.

Also if i turn the heater on i get a windscreen full of dust and a horrible smell, as far as im aware its down to the heating matrix could anyone confirm this???

Any help appreciated!!!

Reply to
Roy Austin via CarKB.com
1993-07/1998 - is every 72,000 miles - normal conditions and every 60,000 miles under adverse conditions. As of 08/1998 - every 80,000 miles - normal conditions and every 48,000 miles under adverse conditions ! Hope this helps !
Reply to
Mike D

If the smell is a kind of burnt pepper smell it could be that the starter motor has got stuck, my son had this smell for around 5 months, (his car I mean) now I have the car and solved it by changing the starter, the smell is much less now but hasn't gone completely so I think I will have to clean out the heating system. Hotfoot

Reply to
outofthewoods

cambelt is 72k normal use, 36k adverse use! According my Pug employed Brother. GTI-6 is recommended to have it done every 36k due to high break rate.

Reply to
SimonDS