2.2L diesel C5

Hello, i understand that the 2.2L diesel C5 has an auxilliary tank linked to the fuel tank that injects a small amount of mysterious 'additive' into the diesel tank every time the tank is opened controlled by a little microswitch under the filler flap. My question is; does the 2L C5 have the same ? My mate has a Peugeot 307D, which appears to have the same, because a warning light has come on. Will it cause any permanent damage to the engine if this is not attended to immediatly, like a month down the line. Cheers. Ray

Reply to
olddog

Never ever heard of that before.

Are you sure is not the 'water in filter' light?

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Reply to
olddog

£230+ VAT

Exhaust Particulate Filtration system reset as used on Citroen/Peugeot HDi diesel systems. Particulate filtration is used to remove the un-burnt particulates from a diesel engine?s exhaust gas to lower the emissions. Without a further ECU controlled process this filter would become blocked and need regular replacement.

An additional ECU controlled function is used which injects an additive into the fuel tank, this additive modifies the particulates in the diesel fuel and makes them burn at a lower temperature, The ECU will also promote burning within the filter by using post injection (injection of fuel via main injectors when the exhaust valve is open). This post injection process will promote burning to continue down the exhaust pipe and therefore burn off any particulates that have been held in the filter.

A system re-set is required when the additive tank level drops below a pre-determined minimum. This should occur at about 50,000 miles. The additive should be purchased from the manufacturer?s main agent and used to top up the additive tank (found in the main fuel tank) once the top up has been done the system can be re-set via the serial diagnostic socket using the SP MAP system.

hth

Reply to
.

is the additive urea ? and no, I'm not taking the pi$$ ...

8-)
Reply to
drd

. (--@-.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yep, that's the thingy. Only the original 2.2HDi C5 used that particulare particulate control, that I'm aware of. It's hideously expensive fluid - about £60/litre, IIRC.

Won't do any harm if it's empty, it'll just be a bit sootier than it should be.

Reply to
Adrian

our C8 has the same 2.2HDi engine yes there is an aux tank and yes you will need to replace the particle filter at around 50k miles and top up the diesel additive the 2.0 HDi doesn't have the filter or aux tank

originally we were quoted £560 for the filter PLUS fitting, which, because they have to drop the engine would have been an extra £400 ish

6 weeks later the same Citroen dealer quoted £539 including the 50k mile service, labour and parts

the additive is about £12 litre and the filter turned out to be £169 + vat (IIRC)

Reply to
SoWeezy