Peugeot Expert Won't start

Hi, hope someone can help!! I have an Expert van, after a clutch was replaced - twice - the van wont start on its own. Now at a Peugeot gargage, they have changed the starter motor and ECU - still doesn't start and they wont a grand for the pleasure!!

Reply to
Stew

Let me get this right. You are going to give a garage £1000 for NOT fixing your van? Jeez there's one born every minute!

Reply to
Billy No Mates

i charge you =A3500 to just to look at it ahahahaha and i might be able to fix it ,

Reply to
Chrs

Cut off solenoid on top of the pump.

Reply to
Chrs

Does the starter motor turn and the engine just not fire up or do you get nothing?

Reply to
daddyfreddy

New starter motor put on as they beleieved this was the problem. Engine starts on tow bump start and using 'quick start' spray - engine runs fine. Don't intend giving them any money for not curing the problem!!!

Reply to
Stew via CarKB.com

Yeah right, I wasn't born yesterday. No intention of paying - just wanted some ideas on how to get the van started before I go bankrupt with no van to use for work!!!

Reply to
Stew via CarKB.com

Sounds like the pump is not giving your pots the diesel to keep it going, are you near Wimbledon?if so pop in a see Watson Diesels, or ring them on 02088793584-02088793861. they are very very helpful and have time to talk to you about the problem.

Reply to
Chrs

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/peugeot/200708/1 So, the engine isn't turning when they go to start it?

Did they replace the clutch and then find it wouldn't start?

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Two thoughts. If the engine doesn't turn over with the starter, despite a new starter being fitted, the earth (or lack of it) could be the problem. If it is turning over then the heater plugs sound like a candidate as it apparently goes using spray.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

In message , Keith Willcocks writes

Another thought have you checked crank position sensor, it wont be the glow plugs cos HDI eng dont really need them except in really cold weather, it sounds to me a sensor to ecu problem , good luck anyway hope you get it sorted, regards John :)

Reply to
Johno

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/peugeot/200708/1>

Yep, had to take it back after they fitted the first clutch because of the juddering then when they replaced it - wouldn't start - think it might be the wrong sensor on the crank shaft - guess what that was changed by a Peugeot garage too!!

Reply to
Stew via CarKB.com

when they removed the gearbox have they cut a cable some where? cant they get it up in the air so you and mechnic can have a good look?

Reply to
Chrs

replying to Stew, Alsautosltd wrote: Did you have the flywheel replaced as well? If so maybe it was the wrong one and the crank sensor is not getting the proper signal it needs their for cranking with no start thanks and goodnight

Reply to
Alsautosltd