Pug 205 1.8d timing belt

I need to change the timing belt on my 205 1.8 D (before it goes the expensive way of the last one). Any tricks? Or is it the nightmare that I imagine it might be?.

Reply to
legend

Just be sure that you've got the pullies (is that english?) are secured. Mark them with a with stripe or something. Replace your waterpump too. I didn't and a couple of months later, I had to. The pump can't handle the new tension of the new belt. You may want to renew the tensioners as well. It can be done, but it's not the nicest job in the world, because there's not much room. When you've removed the left engine support, you can lift the engine a little. This can help a lot. Removing the support is better anyway.

Good luck.

Greets, Jon.

"legend" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to