Nissan Micra 2000 (X reg) model - timing belt?

OK... I know NOTHING about car mechanics, having had a rep mobile all my life. But I have just acquired an X-reg Micra 1.0 S for a decent price, and
there is something bugging me about "timing belts", and that is that the Micra doesn't have one..it has a "chain".
Now, I've stuck my head under the bonnet and I see no chain, only two belts down the left hand side of the engine. So what's the truth...is there a "timing chain" or is there a belt (one of the two visible ones)?
I'm asking as although its only done 19000 miles I've heard that if the timing belt goes, it could develop into an expensive repair. True or false!
Also, is there any other known "gotchas" regarding that model/engine?
TIA
Ginga
PS Its a manual, not an automatic.

and
belts
false!
you wont see the timing chain its encased within the engine, the two belts you can see would be the alternator belt & the power steering belt.
hth

Thanks Reg, and I assume that (normally?) the chain shouldn't snap, but might at some point require adjustment?
I would get a Haynes manual, but for some reason they seem to stop at about 1999 for the Micra !!!

my
the
belts
about
the chain is more reliable, hence a few manufactures are going back to chains, ive heard a few noisy ones in my time, but they seem to go on rattling along, but ive only known 2 chains to snap and they were both early fiestas.
Gingangooli wrote:

It should last the life of the car provided you change the oil regularly. There is an automatic tensioner device.

and
belts
false!
Firstly it has a chain. However that does not mean its safe to skimp on servicing. These are well known to break the chain if they dont receive regular oil changes- reason being the chain is kept tensioned by a oil pressurized tensioner. The oilway to this is pretty small and easily clogged with dirty oil. This then lets the chain flap around. If left it will break.
The other gotcha on the K11 is faulty throttle bodies, which cause stalling, revving and general poor performance. Its more age related than mileage and new ones (the only solution) is around 300quid. Its more a case of when rather than if.
Otherwise a cracking little motor!
Tim..

clogged
break.
stalling,
and
we've bought a few units from here http://bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=remanufactured_throttle_bodies_air _mass_meters

Thanks again. Luckily its been very regularly serviced at a Nissan dealership and is now covered by 12 months Nissan warranty. But point taken regarding the oil changes and the throttle bodies (whatever they are) ;-).
Gingangooli wrote:

The bit with the throttle butterfly, airflow meter and idle valve in it. Just before the intake manifold, where you would expect a carburettor in an older car.
It's useful to remove the air filter element and clean the throttle body with carburettor cleaner annually, as the crankcase breathing system recirculates oily goo into the engine.