Pug 306 Mreg

Im looking to upgrade the radio/Tape unit in this car to a used CD/MP3 one. I assume from what I have read that under the facia plate is a Din hole for a standard replacement unit which when combined with a facia plate will take care of the appearance.

Its the wiring that concers me. Does the vehicle have standard wiring or do I need adapters ? if so which are cheapest , will the column/stalk still work,

Im planning to keep costs to a minimum.

All help appreciated.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

I looked at this a few months ago.

You'll need to get a head unit which supports remote control (ie. from a stalk unit). This will have its own interface. You'll then need an adaptor for the head unit and one for the stalk/car. These adaptors have a common interface between them, allowing a range of head units/stalks etc to be combined.

Many of the cheaper ones didn't support the required remote/stalk control. I think the pricing was around £130 for a reasonable one, with all the adaptors, and fascia plate.

Hope that helps

David Hearn

306 Apr 93 - Sep 99 To Install ISO Radio and connect Steering Controls

Sony Install Kit FKS-406 Buy the above components as a Complete Kit to install Sony £39.75

Kenwood Install Kit KKS-406 Buy the above components as a Complete Kit to install Kenwood £39.75

Pioneer Install Kit PKS-406 Buy the above components as a Complete Kit to install Pioneer £39.75

Make sure you buy a headunit with a Remote Input !

Reply to
Nom