pug 807

anyone had any problems with the middle or rear row seats ?

namely the fold mechanism breaking

2 of ours have gone within a month, car is 27 months old, so I was wondering if it's a known/common fault

thanks LJ

Reply to
in2minds

In what way has it broken? I've had the actuating cable nipple come out of position, so the seat can be folded in half, but not the rolled forward so that it is only held into the car by the front two clamps rather than all four.

Having said that, my 807 is just over 2 years old, and the worst piece of junk I've ever owned. currently it has over 30 outstanding unresolved faults (out of over 40 since delivery). Many of the outstanding issues have been present since delivery, some are as a result of the dealer's bodged attempts to repair other things.

My two local dealers haven't managed to fix it, and even Peugeot UK apparently don't give a damn about customers. It's almost four weeks since I escalated it to them. They failed to reply inside two weeks, despite a claimed response time of 5 working days. When I called to find out what was happening, I was promised a call back by the end of the next day. They didn't even manage that. I've just chased it again, and been promised a call before the end of tomorrow. They appear to have done absolutely nothing in the last month.

Matt (somewhat brassed off with Peugeot, after 15 years of good cars and service from them)

Reply to
Matthew Haigh

a plastic clip/arm inside the side of the seat snapped the first time we took it in they said they'd fixed it but had actually just swapped the seats around now the second seat has gone, I wasn't present at the time so don't know if the clip/arm has snapped (makes a loud enough noise when it does) or the cable has come out, I'll check that when SWMBO returns later.

couldn't agree more, the 806 was a much better car, solid and well built, just underpowered ours had done 160k miles when we sold it (to buy this POS), wished we'd just bought an '02 806 instead

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

I didn't have an 806, but have gone through most of the other Pugs; must have done well over half million miles in them, with nothing more than routine problems - replacing tyres, brakes, the odd radiator here and there, clutches etc., and always splendid service from the dealers around Manchester. I always recommended the brand, they never let me down.

Then I moved down south and bought the 807. It could be from an entirely different company. The dealers are next to useless, and Peugeot UK have been no help whatsoever. I really don't want to go down the legal action route, but it looks like that will be my only alternative as no-one seems to care enough to get this sorted. I fell sick at the thought that I spent £23K with these people on this junk, and now actively recommend that people avoid Peugeot at all costs.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Haigh

I reckon this comes under 'public relations' among other things. You can email their Public Relations Director at snipped-for-privacy@peugeot.com. He ought to be told how you feel...

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

Thanks for the suggestion Ron, I'll try contacting him.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Haigh