pulley

Well it came today and guess what its the wrong bloody one. its for the camshaft, and not the crankshaft.sending it back tuesday now dont long i have to wait now.what a pain.

Reply to
Chrs

Commonly known as sod's law.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

I thought it was usually referred to as the buggeration factor.

Reply to
Brian

Similar.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

unless you got one that you could sale to me cheap.many people dont have these as i got told the car is old ahahaha

Reply to
Chrs

Actually it is the first time I have heard of one going on a 405 so maybe they are less prone to it, in which case one from a breakers might do it. Just a thought.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

I got told that.as mine has got the rubber bit round it and thats what gos.but i can live with it as it only rattles for 10-15 secs.

Reply to
Chrs

I wonder if there's any chance of cam-belt disruption if you just ignore this particular problem?

Djimbo.

Reply to
djimbo

I had a 495 td and no problem with that pulley at over 150k, same with the

306 td we still have at over 150k. So yours is unusual. There are many 1.9 td engines in scrapyards, most of which will almost certainly have decent pulleys. The new type HDI pulley is now the same design as yours, as the other type proved to be so unreliable. It looks identical to your type, but it may be a couple of mm larger in diameter.
Reply to
Brian

Yeap i got over 278.000 mile on the clock. its due to oil changes and all filters being done as well.this 405 has no turbo fitted to it.i can put up with the noise for now,as it only lasts about 10-15 secs when i first start up .

Reply to
Chrs