307 air intake

The recent comment prompted me to identitify the location of the air intake and yes it is surprisingly low - I must avoid fords!

However the lower airbox moves. It appears to be held by one or two projections that go into a plate under the nearside wing and by the pipe that goes into the upper box. Is there any thing else to tighten?

Reply to
Julian Gillett

Haven't had a chance to get under the car yet but yes it is very low. My fathers engine is the HDI 136 and as mentioned is now scrap. My HDI

110 appears to have the same basic lower airbox. I've noticed that my airbox moves around a fair bit so I suspect one of the mounts is broken or missing, I need to check.

Its in for a service in two weeks and I'm going to ask if there is any peugeot modification that can be made because at the moment the thing is ridiculously low. I'm tempted just to take the lower pipe off and see how it runs.

I wonder if anyone in the past has pushed peugeot for a product recall !

Reply to
swebb99