...put the (brake-) pedal to the metal...

Hi!

I can, without too much effort, floor the brake pedal in my '96 306. Does this seem to be a perfect power braking system or a fault in my brake system? Maybe air in the brakefluid, or water? Anyone an idea?

Thanks, Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

one possibility would be a leaking cylinder (wheel cylinder rear wheels) but if this had been the case you would have by now seen the brake light come on suggesting brake fluid level low. Also normally brake fluid is changed very two years, if this hasn't been done there is a chance the fluid has lost its ability to work the brakes properly. And then again when were the brakes checked, maybe the rear brakes need adjusting, without inspecting the vehicle we are guessing.

Bill

Reply to
Bill.