406 HDI 90 bhp

Is it true that PSA is stopping to produce the 90 bhp HDI engine? The 406 XR 90 bhp HDI, my boss did order last week for me is cancelled, the Peugeot dealer told me that only the 110 bhp engines will be produced. Dammed that is 2000 euro more for the car, so also more income tax for the car, since this is a company car.

Best regards,

SH

Reply to
VTR16V

It's possible because PSA have made a 1.6 HDI which is currently fitted to the Ford Focus C Max.

There will also be a 2.0 HDI which has roughly the same power as todays 2.2 HDI.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Cowell

It's a 1.4 HDI. Co-produced by Peugeot and Ford. Actually the only part that Ford designed was the new style engine speed sensor!!!

Reply to
Nigel

Eh, there's TWO new diesels. 1.4 92hp and 1.6 110hp. I'm waiting for one of them to be available in the 307 SW, with an automatic transmission.

Reply to
Jens Kr. Kirkebø

The newest HDI engines are:

1.4 in 70 and 92bhp 1.6 in 110bhp 2.0 in 136bhp

The 1.4s are fitted to the Citroen C3, only the 70 is currently fitted to the Fiesta, 206, 307, C2 and Xsara

The 1.6 and new 2.0 are only currently in the C-Max.

Just for interest, the 1.6 HDI/TDCI is faster at 31-62 per Ford hbrochure than the 1.8 120bhp petrol.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Cowell