Re: Dreaded MOT....! (Brake pipes!!)

how did you remove it? You can reroute the pipes but they must not be attached to suspension or moving bits ( for obvious reasons!) and must be flat to the chassis so they can't be snagged by a object on the road.

Pug 205 XR > > Hi all, > > Plucked up the courage to get it done this afternoon - wasn't too bad except > for one thing - main brake pipes corroded where they rise above petrol > tank... > > Have removed old ones no problem this evening, but now have the problem of > how to fit the new ones, once I pick them up in the morning.... The gap down > the side of the fuel tank is not large enough to fit a pipe, (let alone one > with a connector on the end). > > Is is legal to re-route the new pipe, to avoid having to go over the fuel > tank??? Or am I really going to have to remove the tank? > > Any ideas?? > > Thanks, once again! > > Ed. > >
Reply to
SimonDS

or ask the mot man if he would be happy with you rerouting them

Reply to
SimonDS

Go over the fuel tank..I have done this on a number of occasions and involves bending the pipe and trying to manouver the pipe over the tank. By re-bending the pipe slightly it *will* eventually go....eventually.

Use the old pipe as a rough pattern and block the end of the new pipe with a piece of tissue to stop crud getting in the end. Also grease the pipes once fitted to stop them corroding again.

The only other way to do it is to drop the fuel tank, fit the pipes and re-fit the tank. In other words a pain in the arse.

I wish there were a quick and easy solution..there isn't. By routing the pipes elsewhere they'll be vunerable to damage and will fail an MOT.

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

Reply to