Re: Picture of the key to Peugeot 405

Hi guys,

> > I wanted to ask you for a favour. I need a picture of the inside of a key > with remote control to Peugeot 405. Some time ago I lost the rubber button > from my key. Recently, with help of G.T, I've managed to buy the rubber > button. However, it appeared the the button is not enough. We suspect that > there was also a microswitch under the button activating the system. So I > wanted to ask for the picture of it as most probably it is possible to buy > it in electronic shops. Just for the record, I am attaching the inside of my > key for you to compare with yours and tell what is missing. Be grateful for > you r help. > > Wojtek > > >
Reply to
Brian

Hi,

That was my guess too, thanks for confirming the diagnostics. I guess any good electronics shop or TV repair workshop should be able to provide such microswitch, as it's a very common part.

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

From your message, I understand this microswitch, when pressed, should connect all the four solders together in order to send the signal... I was only wondering if could also be three or even two solders trggering the signal. In this case, it is important to know which ones exactly. Any clue ?

Wojtek

Reply to
Wojtek

Don't know, but I would guess that it is a two pole switch, with the left pair and right pair being the two circuits. I would imagine that these switches are fairly standard.

Reply to
Brian

Having now checked, On my two switch key, the switch body is 6.2mm square, by 2,25mm high including the button. The switch action is across, single pole, the left top and bottom are common, and so are the right pair, the switch connects left to right. It is a non locking push on switch with a click action. Hope this helps. Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Hi,

Yeah, there are only two poles, but the four pins are used, in general 2 pins for common, 1 for NO, 1 for NC. Yes, it's a std switch, I'm almost sure of that. They usually have a reference mark on the casing to see where is the common or whatever, but in this case you'll have to check with a multimeter where are the common (C) pins, then the normally open (NO) and normally closed (NC) pins.

HTH, G.T

Reply to
G.T

They are called "tactile switches" Do they look like one of these?

CPC or Maplin should have them. They are commonly used on TV, radios and remotes for cars Dave

Reply to
Dave Spam

Like them. but not the same, as this one is 2.25mm high, but the smallest of the ones in the RS list is 4.3mm high. Couldn't find it in the Maplin list either.

Reply to
Brian

I guess there may be a problem with finding the exact one. Anyway, thanks guys for your help. I think I got a person leaving near me with the same key. I'll try to match the switch based on his example and let you know about the result. But this can take some time.

Wojtek

Reply to
Wojtek

Go to a scrap yard and rumage through their key collection. I have recently done this and obtained two old Peugeot keys of this type to canabilise for spares.

Ray

Reply to
Ray