Recommendations for 406 tyres

Peugeot 406 HDi 90BHP Estate '53 plated Any recommendations for replacement tyres.... noise, wear etc Thanks, Mike

Reply to
ccMikeF

pirelli 6000 works for me on my 53 plate hdi110 se. last about 40k miles, reasonably quiet, good cornering.

Reply to
%%stu%%

michelin pilot premacy 195/15 H quiet, grippy, rather epensive

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam

Try Continental Sports Contact II...I'll never go back to any other tyre. Quiet, responsive and been running them about 15,000kms and barely started showing signs of wear. I'm impressed! Best tyre I've ever used.

Dan.

Reply to
tricky4000

Thanks for all the responses - I've gone with the Continentals that I so liked on the my old Prelude. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
ccMikeF

In message , Marc Amsterdam wrote

Seconded. I wouldn't use anything else. I've just come back from a long European tour (4,000 miles) and there were several occassions when the Michelins got me out of a tricky situation. They may be overkill for an oil burning pug, though. I drive a modded 406 V6 saloon. ;-)))

Reply to
Derek Tree