Renewing head gasket. What else should I do?

I'm renewing the head gasket on my 1993 605, driven 190000 km. It's got a XU10J2Z engine. (2 litre injection). The cam belt is overdue, so it will also be replaced. I'm also thinking about renewing the water pump, as it is the original, and a Peugeot mechanic suggested is some time ago.

What else should I check/renew while I'm at it?

Regards Hendrk Skarpeid

Reply to
Hendrik Skarpeid

Hi,

Sounds right, belt, water pump & tensionners.

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

In addition to what G T recommends, you should also renew the cam- and crankshaft oil seals.

Regards

Ivar Petur

Reply to
Ívar Pétur Guðnason

Hi,

Oooops, I forgot to mention, also change the accessories' belt at the same time. Tiny cost, so you just open the bonnet once for all. I use to change the acc. belt with the timing belt, although not absolutely necessary, mine was a bit cracked when I did mine (last year), it was 5 years old (like the belt, of course).

HTH, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Thank you all for your reponses.